“Stay Safe, Stay At Home!”Those words might terrify some. Why? Because they are not safe. Everybody’s saying stay home and be safe! Unfortunately some of you are finding home Unsafe. It shouldn’t hurt to be home. Parents are you hurting someone at home now? Oh you might not be hitting anyone, but words can be just as dangerous. Unrealistic restrictions can cause hurt. You feel so frustrated, angry, hurt, afraid and you are taking it out on your children. I plead with you to STOP IT! Husband if you are hurting your wives? Wives are you hurting your husband’s? STOP IT!
God can give you the strength to stop and let His love shine through you. He is telling you to change your thinking.
Listen to these instructions: Philippians 4: 4-9 (Amplified version)
- Rejoice in the Lord always [delight, take pleasure in Him]; again I will say rejoice!
- Let your gentle spirit [your graciousness, unselfishness, mercy, tolerance and patience] be known to all people. The Lord is near.
- Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, continue to make your [specific] request known to God.
- And the peace of God [that peace which reassures the heart, that peace] which transcends all understanding, [that peace which] stands guard over your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus [is yours].
- Finally, brothers and sisters,
- whatever is true,
- whatever is honorable and worthy of respect,
- whatever is right and confirmed by God’s word,
- whatever is pure and wholesome,
- whatever is lovely and brings peace,
- Whatever is admirable and of good repute; if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think continually on these things [center your mind on them and implant them in your heart].
- The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things [in daily life], and the God [who is the source] of peace and well-being will be with you.
This is a powerful scripture. When we memorize it and let God transform our minds, HOME WILL BE A HAPPY PLACE TO BE!
Make a decision today to let God bring peace to your home. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. YOU CAN BE SAFE AND HAPPY AT HOME!